Thursday, March 10, 2011

CONCLUSION

THE CONCLUSION


Forty hours of travel, 6 airplanes, 5 airlines and we are in America.  Easy.
 
I often set on the couch with my Dad, who  joined the U.S.Army when they still had horse drawn artillery, and when he sees Korea on TV he is amazed how much they have now, as his memory is of the early ‘50’s.  I can now relate to him in terms for Vietnam.  Sadly, Burma/Myanmar is still pretty much the same with little or no progress
 
I hope you enjoyed this long adventure.  I realize that travel is not for everyone, but I encourage everyone to travel be it by organized tour, cruise ship, independent or otherwise.  Even if you just go to the next state or county.   If you can, get out of your comfort zone, be it in your town or another country.  “They” do not hate us.  Just the opposite is true, they like you.  “They” are just like you and me, just trying to make their life and the world a little better place. “They” are different, but so are you and your neighbor.  Don’t let fear win.
 

THANKS

I have to thank my old friend CWO/Monk/Capt Steve Truax for his archives.  This guy saves all kind of great stuff.  He and I went to collage together after the Army and worked in South East Asia together. He is one of the few other foreigners to see the real Burma in the ‘70’s. Through the series of mergers in the airline business we ended our careers working together again at US Airways.
 
  
   combat pilot                               monk                                    friend
 

And you people think I am different

 

OUR SPONSORS, who made this and other adventures possible.

               
The St. James Group of Rancho Santa Fe, Calif.
 
CBL Cia. Ltd. of Buenos Aires, Argentina
and
The United States Government and tax payers like you.
 
Stay tuned for the next big adventure.  Scooter Diaries 2010 FLA to CALIF and back. Drop me an email some time if you want to receive them.
 
 
Please remember that in the approaching season of giving, there are those who need your help.  www.jamesdeanbyrdfoundation.org
 
 
 
Stay tuned for the next big adventure.  Scooter Diaries 2010 FLA to CALIF and back. Drop me an email some time if you want to receive them.

No comments:

Post a Comment